Effect Of Energy On Our Happiness

Fatigue Makes Cowards of Us All” is a quote attributed to both Vince Lombardi and General George Patton. For me it means our energy levels have direct correlation with how social we are, our abilities to do whatever we want in life, risks taking, and our procrastination.
It terms of happiness, we already saw that there is a scale of our emotions which goes from 1 to 10. 1 corresponds to a least energized emotional level and 10 corresponds to a most energized emotional level. Thus, on a negative spectrum of emotion 1 can represent emotion of “annoyance” and 10 and emotion of ‘hate”. On a positive spectrum of emotion, 1 can represent “contentment” and 10 represent an emotion of “love”.
Having this in mind, it becomes obvious that we want to move away from the high negative emotions and move towards more intensive positive ones. The more we can achieve this, the more invincible we will feel about our capacities, our goals, and whatever we want to achieve out of life.
In then becomes obvious that energy management becomes one of the highest goals of our lives. We therefore need to know best ways to preserve and increase our energy levels to the highest levels possible.

Increasing Our Energy Levels

We have several ways to increase our energy levels. We can do it emotionally, which this blog is all about. Another obvious one is to do it physically, such as to go to a gym. And while this an obvious way to increase our energy, often we have more that a few extra kilos of weight on our bodies, which actually reduce the energy we take throughout the day. Also, on heath spectrum of energy, dieting and food that we eat comes up as one of the main ways to manage energy. Here we make many mistakes too, such ignoring the effect of coffee on our energy levels. In a short-term coffee it increases our energy, while in a long-term we may become dependent on it to function, which is by no means ideal.
On psychological level, we should constantly push out comfort zone and work on our fears, as by doing so we find some areas of life where we energy gets stuck and we release it. Many traumas, insecurities, and setbacks we had in life restrict how we see life and restrict our energies. Constantly challenging these aspect of life with make us feel more alive, capable, and achieve more from life. All the greatest life achievements and best lives moments are, after all, when we manage to achieve something that we preciously though not to be possible.

Controlling The Finite Pool Of Energy

We have a finite amount of willpower. Every action, decision, and movement that we do consumes this finite power. Thus, our bodies have a controlling mechanism for power management. Simply said, most of the body functions work automatically. Thus, scientists believe that 98% of our actions are done automatically, leaving us with only 2% to rational and logical guidance.
In practice, we tell our bodies to do something and they do it. For example, a rational decision is to say “go this way” and the body follows. “Analyze this object” and our mind does it. We are not really aware of every single movement that body does to achieve what we want of it, but we give it a guidance map for it to follow.
Therefore, the routine, habits, and automatic reactions become so important. We need to train them into our system to work with best programing and to move away from the worst ones. After that, we just step back and observe our bodies do a miracle.
And while we are only 2% in control of our actions, other people will put 100% responsibility, praise, or blame for our actions. We ultimately, should take 110% control over our programing and spend 99.99% of time improving its functions, as ultimately this programing will guide our life. Hopefully, we will create programing that will increase the total amount of energy and improve quality of life experience, aka Happiness.
Article by Roman Russo

Author, Blogger & Happiness Coach. Just published my first book called - HOW TO ACT NORMAL !!! It is about how Marketing failing to make us Happy and what we can do about it. Indeed, we are surrounded my marketing every day, but we seldom think what is an accumulative effect of all these ads does to our Psychology and Happiness. Still, happiness today and forever is possible. The only thing we need it to change the way we think! The goal is to make this world a happier place for everyone to live, as happier world will be a better place to live in. Do you agree? Please help me spread this cause!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *